- Full-time, Permanent position
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Newly created role
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP), the principal organisation representing the medical speciality of psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand, is seeking to appoint a Training Coordinator to join the Education & Training Department.
Reporting to the Manager, Training and Development, this role will provide advice to key the stakeholders and oversee general activities relating to the Fellowship program and Certificates of Advanced Training.
The role will contribute to the audits, reviews, and development of Standard Operating Procedures. You will also be responsible for coordination of the award of Fellowships & Certificates of Advanced Training and coordinate the team workload in relation to the training activities. This position will support and deputise the Manager, raining and Development, as required.
This role has a specific focus on:
- Responsible for the provision of advice and support in a timely, clear and accurate manner on all aspects of the Fellowship program and Certificates of Advanced Training to the Manager, Training and Development, RANZCP staff, trainees, fellows, committee members, and the Directors of training.
- Oversee and action, where required, general enquiries received to Training in-boxes.
- Coordination of responses to complex queries which may require liaison with other teams in the Education department, other RANZCP departments, and Legal Counsel.
- Assessment of Fellowship and Certificate of Advanced Training applications and monitoring of progression through the qualification award process.
- Coordination of the qualification award processes, including scheduling and liaison with other staff members involved in the award of qualifications.
- Coordination of trainee billing, including the assessment of payment plans, approval of refunds and coordination of fee follow ups.
- Undertaking the annual billing audit processes including liaison with relevant teams to ensure processes and systems.
- Assisting and supporting the Manager, Training and Development in the coordination of daily work activities for the Training team to ensure effective use of team resources and identification of scheduling conflicts.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in administration or education or health and/or appropriate experience in a tertiary education, training, student administration or health services environment, and/or membership organizations and Medical Specialty Colleges.
- Experience in team coordination and support.
- Experience in the management of complex committees.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently, establish priorities and to work to tight or competing deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal skills being self-motivated and outcome-oriented with the ability to build positive working and stakeholder relationships and work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for own work plan and work independently to meet required goals.
- Adaptable approach to own work plan according to departmental priorities; an ability to demonstrate flexible thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to work in a team, collaboratively and liaise effectively with a range of staff, including senior executives and relevant committees and working parties.
- Ability to recognise matters that require escalation and to work closely and consultatively with your Manager.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop appropriate reports and correspondence.
- Solid experience in working with individuals and groups with different perspectives and competing interests in a complex and multi-faceted environment.
- Ability to develop, implement and review operating procedures.
- Understanding of change management processes and proven ability to implement change.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Why work with RANZCP?
- Monthly RDO
- Staff service recognition program
- Employee Assistance program
- Staff Socialisation programs
- 37.5 hour working week
The successful candidate may be required to work from home initially due to current COVID-19 situation.
All applications must be forwarded via Expr3ss link and include a resume with a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to be considered for the position.
Applications close on Sunday, 27 September 2020.
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples