- Full time, fixed term position until 28 February 2018
- Melbourne, CBD location
- Varied, challenging role working across a number of projects using your project management skills!
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) is the principal organisation representing the medical specialty of Psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Project Officer to work in the Specialist Training Program (STP) team.
Reporting to the Projects Manager, Specialist Training Program, this position is responsible for the delivery of various support projects, according to the contracted schedule/s of the Specialist Training Program initiative.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, delivering project outcomes including project coordination and administration, research, analysis, development, implementation and evaluation.
Document preparation including project plans, reports and budgets, evaluations and government submissions, meeting agendas, briefing papers and minutes.
Consultation, liaison and providing reports to stakeholders including RANZCP committees and executive, government and other external organisations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination/administration skills including, planning, analysis, implementation, project evaluation and reporting.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in multidisciplinary settings, including evidence of clear and concise writing for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including the ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently establish priorities, work to tight or competing deadlines and adapt to meet changing demands.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a member of a team, balanced with the ability to initiate and progress work independently and in line with team objectives and priorities.
- The ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, harmoniously and consultatively with other college staff, relevant committees and working parties, and external agencies.
- Genuine commitment to providing high quality service and is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Thorough meeting coordination skills using both teleconference and videoconference technologies.
- Competence with the MS Office suite and database software.
- Preparedness to work on some weekends and to travel interstate and to New Zealand.
As the successful applicant you will have proven experience in project environments, assisting with the development of complex projects, and the evaluation of program outcomes, ideally in a non-profit or healthcare organisation. You will be a highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills. You will be detail oriented and work with a high level of speed and accuracy. You will enjoy working as part of a proactive team in a high pressure environment with shifting priorities. Your ability to apply strategic thinking to develop solutions to complex issues will be an asset.
All applications must be submitted via Expr3ss! in order to be considered for the position, and include a current CV and cover letter.
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
Applications close: Monday 6 February 2017, COB.