Based in Melbourne CBD location, close to public transport
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP), the principal organisation representing the medical specialty of psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand, is seeking to appoint an Administrative Officer, Membership Operations to join the Membership and Events Department.
Reporting to the Manager, Membership Operations, this position will support activities of key RANZCP member groups and their representative committees via the provision of high-quality, dedicated administrative support and professional involvement with committees, office bearers and members.
In addition to committee and member support, the Administrative Officer, Membership Operations will also assist with relevant member communications activities, prepare reports, organise conference sessions and networking events, and undertake a range of other functions relating to the Membership and Events department as required.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience in administration and working with committees, preferably in a membership based organisation.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- The ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines, with flexibility to alter priorities to meet changing
- Experience in preparing agendas, recording minutes and executing action items.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise effectively with a range of internal and external
- The ability to work and communicate with individuals and groups with different perspectives, including on complex issues.
- The capacity to work independently with minimal supervision, and cooperatively as a member of a small team (including with flexibility to assist team members as required).
- A genuine commitment to providing high quality service aiming to exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- A high level of typing skills and computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience in database
- Willingness to undertake occasional evening and weekend work and interstate
- Familiarity with health or medical professionals, and/or the medical education sector, is an advantage.
In order to be considered for the position, all applications must be forwarded via the Expr3ss! link, and must include a current resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close: COB Tuesday 12 December 2017
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples