- Full Time, Permanent role
- Melbourne CBD location
- Professional and dynamic team
A unique opportunity has now become available for an experienced Policy and Advocacy Advisor to join a small and dynamic team to contribute to policy and advocacy in mental health.
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP), the principal organisation representing the medical speciality of psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand, is seeking a Policy Officer to join the Practice, Policy and Partnerships department.
The Policy and Advocacy Advisor will provide high level advice to, and support for, the RANZCP Victorian Branch in the development of proactive policy and advocacy initiatives, which are in line with the RANZCP Strategic Plan and which position the Victorian Branch, and its membership, as an expert and influential peak body in mental health.
The successful applicant will have relevant tertiary qualifications and will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in the development of policy and the design and implementation of advocacy strategies, with specific expertise in health and/or social arenas, and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in health, ideally in mental health, is desirable.
- Relevant tertiary and post graduate qualifications in an appropriate health, social science, political science, business/legal or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to work with committee chairs and members to support the strategic prioritisation, planning, delivery, and evaluation of policy and advocacy objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and build relationships and work collaboratively with, and influence, a range of external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to grasp new concepts, absorb and analyse complex information, gain consensus, formulate recommendations and produce timely and succinct correspondence, statements, submissions, briefing papers and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, with capacity to work proactively both independently and as part of a wider geographically-dispersed team, with limited supervision.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, and the ability to establish priorities, manage specific projects and meet deadlines.
- Able to work flexibly, including working outside standard business hours if required and able to undertake travel if required.
- A high level of typing skills and computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience in database usage.
For a detailed position description and key selection criteria, visit https://ranzcp.expr3ss.com
Applications must include a CV and cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria and must be submitted via Express! to be considered.
Application closing date: COB Sunday, 25 August 2019
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples