- Full-time, fixed term until Feb 2021
- Melbourne, CBD location
- Varied, challenging role working across a number of projects
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) is the principal organisation representing the medical specialty of Psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Project Officer to work in the STP team.
Reporting to the Projects Manager, STP, this position is responsible for the delivery of marketing activities and a rural training scoping project as approved by Commonwealth Department of Health (DoH).
A key focus of this role will be on rural psychiatry training, support project development, implementation and evaluation. You will also be responsible for:
- Delivering project outcomes including project coordination and administration, research, analysis, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Document preparation including project plans, reports and budgets, evaluations and government submissions, meeting agendas, briefing papers and minutes.
- Consultation and liaison with key stakeholders including RANZCP committees and executive, government and other external organisations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in education, healthcare or research background and/or demonstrated experience in project coordination/administration skills including, planning, analysis, implementation, project evaluation and reporting.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in multidisciplinary settings, including evidence of clear and concise writing for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including the ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently establish priorities, work to tight or competing deadlines and adapt to meet changing demands.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a member of a team, balanced with the ability to initiate and progress work independently and in line with team objectives and priorities.
- The ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, harmoniously and consultatively with other college staff, relevant committees and working parties, and external agencies.
- Genuine commitment to providing high quality service and is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Competence with the MS Office suite and database software, and understanding of teleconference and video conference technologies.
- Knowledge or understanding of medical education and/or Australasian health system context is highly desirable.
As the successful applicant you will have proven experience in project environments, assisting with the development of complex projects, and the evaluation of program outcomes, ideally in a non-profit or healthcare organisation.
You will be a highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills. Must be detail oriented and work with a high level of speed and accuracy. You will enjoy working as part of a proactive team in a high pressure environment with shifting priorities.
Applications close on Monday 20 January 2020
All applications must be submitted via Expr3ss! in order to be considered for the position, and include a current CV and cover letter.
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples