- Full time, Permanent position
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Dynamic work environment
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) is the principal organisation representing the medical specialty of psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence / SQL DBA to join our dynamic Information Technology team.
This role will be responsible for the design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of the RANZCP data services. This position will also provide information management expertise with an emphasis on data design, access, usage, and stewardship to ensure proper governance, security, and quality of all RANZCP backend data services.
This role has a specific focus to:
- Design, develop, and on-going support of the Business Intelligence solutions using Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS) and Power BI.
- Writing T-SQL queries, CTEs, Views, Stored procedures, Functions (Scalar and Table), triggers, etc. where required for data handling, preparation, integration, reporting, and analysis.
- Automation of recurring requests/incidents.
- Maintaining source code through DevOps.
- Maintaining MS SQL Server (various versions and Azure-based) data services.
- Day to day management and administration of the RANZCP databases and Business Intelligence solution.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance and support of various MS SQL Server instances (On-premises and Azure)
- Design and implement reporting applications including (but not limited to) BI dashboards, reporting cubes, tabular models, and paginated SRSS reports.
- Participate in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information use, security, access, and governance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or related technical experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in MS SQL database administration.
- Must have strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server including:
• SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS)
• SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Azure-based SQL services
• Power BI
3+ Years SQL server administration experience.
- Ability to work and communicate with users to define and meet database needs and requirements
- Excellent understanding of MS SQL database design and operating principles, as well as experience of formal change management and problem management systems, is essential.
- Knowledge of programming languages and development tools.
Why work at the RANZCP?
- Monthly RDO
- Staff service recognition program
- Employee Assistance program
- Staff Socialisation programs
For more information on the College benefits, please visit www.ranzcp.org.
All applications must be forwarded via Expr3ss link and include a resume with a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to be considered for the position.
Please more information on the role and Key Selection Criteria, please refer to the Position Description.
Applications close on Wednesday, 6 October 2021
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.