- Full-time, Permanent
- Wellington, NZ location
- Great benefits and work flexibility including monthly RDO
- Professional and dynamic team
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP), the principal organisation representing the medical speciality of psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand, is seeking a Manager to lead our New Zealand team.
This position will be responsible to Manage the strategic development and operational functions of Tu Te Akaaka Roa – the New Zealand National Office in the delivery of membership services, policy and advocacy support, and stakeholder liaison to meet the needs and expectations of members, and to enhance the profile and strategic position of psychiatry and the College in Aotearoa New Zealand.
This role has a specific focus to:
- Lead and manage College staff located at Tu Te Akaaka Roa – the New Zealand National Office, providing direction and support, and managing performance, implementing key performance indicators for staff to achieve College strategic and operational planning objectives.
- Manage the administrative support and the delivery of membership services and events by Tu Te Akaaka Roa - the New Zealand National Office to meet the needs and expectations of College members and to facilitate engagement of College members located in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- In collaboration with the Manager Committees, provide proactive support to Te Kaunihera, including the preparation of correspondence, submissions, stakeholder liaison and attendance at meetings.
- Proactively identify, report on, and manage emerging issues and risk management.
- Manage and provide proactive support to Tu Te Akaaka Roa – The New Zealand National Committee, the New Zealand Training Committee, as well as the wider range of New Zealand Faculty and Section Subcommittees and the Vocational Education Advisory Body.
- Support Tu Te Akaaka Roa – The New Zealand National Committee in the identification of education and training, policy and advocacy priorities, and the alignment of these, where appropriate, with bi-national College priorities.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field and a minimum of five (5) years of management experience preferably in a membership, health, or not for-profit environment.
- Experience working with multiple inter-related committees to achieve operational and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking policy development and analysis with
specific expertise in the Aotearoa New Zealand health care system, in particular, the mental health sector and government legislation, structures and processes.
- Proven experience in operationalising strategic plans, priority setting, exercising judgement, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, risk management, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to successfully lead, manage, develop and engage staff in the
achievement of organisational goals in a small team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi - the Treaty of Waitangi.
Why work with RANZCP?
- Monthly RDO
- Staff service recognition program
- Employee Assistance program
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Training and development opportunities
For more information on the College benefits, please visit www.ranzcp.org.
All applications must be forwarded via Expr3ss link and include a resume with a cover letter addressing the Experience/qualification and Individual capabilities to be considered for the position.
Applications close on Sunday, 2 April 2023.
RANZCP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.