- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Excellent employee benefits, including monthly RDOs
- Work from our Melbourne Office, NSW Branch Office (or work remotely-work from home from anywhere in Australia)
- Salary range: $80,000 - $100,000 TRP
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP), the principal organisation representing the medical specialty of Psychiatry in Australia and New Zealand, is seeking an experienced Policy and Advocacy Advisor to join our team.
You will be responsible for the delivery of policy analysis and advocacy for our ACT, NT & Tasmanian Branches and continue to build their reputation as the leading voice in psychiatry and mental health in those jurisdictions.
This is a unique role that has flexibility for where it will be based. The successful applicant can nominate to work from our Melbourne Head Office, NSW branch office, or work remotely from anywhere in Australia (with flexibility to attend the Melbourne Head Office on occasion when required, and occasional travel to the three jurisdictions).
The role has a specific focus to
- Proactively influence government mental health policy by developing policy priorities and producing evidence- based submissions that are relevant to the practice of psychiatry and mental health in the relevant state/territory.
- Facilitate the development of advocacy campaigns and activities.
- Build productive and harmonious relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce written and oral policy briefs on emerging and evolving issues.
- Monitor and analyse relevant mental health issues and legislation.
- Formulate responses to consultations, inquiries and correspondence with government and key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and provide content for media and digital communication platforms, in liaison with the RANZCP communications team.
- Develop evaluation strategies to assess the impact of Branch advocacy.
- Identify potential stakeholder partnerships and facilitate the development and implementation of joint policy and advocacy campaigns.
The successful applicant will have
- Experience in public policy and advocacy, ideally in a health and/or mental health environment.
- Tertiary qualifications, or equivalent experience, in health, social science, political science, or other relevant disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the development of policy and strategic advocacy campaigns, ideally within a health and/or public policy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish rapport quickly and to influence a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to grasp new concepts and make content accessible for non-expert audiences.
Why work with RANZCP?
- Monthly RDO
- Excellent work–life balance
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Convenient CBD location of head office
- Training and development opportunities
For more information on the College benefits, please visit www.ranzcp.org
How to apply:
Please submit your application through the Expr3ss link, including a resume and a cover letter that addresses your qualifications and relevant experience, as well as your individual capabilities for the position. For more information, please refer to the position description (PD).
Applications close Friday 20 October.
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.