- Full-time, fixed-Term (2 years)
- Melbourne CBD or the option to work remotely
- Exceptional benefits and work flexibility, including a monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
- Competitive salary package: $63,000 to $78,000 (Total Compensation)
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and empowered community within the field of psychiatry. As part of our Strategic Plan 2022–2025, we are dedicated to improving diversity, inclusion, and empowerment within the College, as well as supporting the health and wellbeing of our members.
We are seeking a dedicated Project Officer, Diversity and Wellbeing to help drive and support important initiatives in this space. Working in collaboration with various departments within the organisation, including Education, Bi-national Offices & Partnerships, and Membership, the Project Officer will play a key role in implementing the RANZCP Member Wellbeing Action Plan. This role will have a particular focus on enabling effective supports for psychiatrists or those in training who are experiencing personal and/or professional difficulties.
Implement the program of work: Execute the program of work established in the RANZCP Member Wellbeing Action Plan and supported by key RANZCP committees
Stakeholder engagement: Establish and maintain effective internal stakeholder networks and processes with College departments and staff responsible for providing support and assistance to psychiatrists and those in training facing personal and/or professional difficulties.
External engagement: Forge strong working relationships with bi-national and local branch offices, identify new external opportunities and services, and build effective networks of wellbeing services and stakeholders.
Referral coordination: Make effective referrals to external wellbeing, health, or other services better placed to assist College members experiencing personal and/or professional difficulties, as needed.
Event coordination: Coordinate member webinars, in-person, and hybrid events and activities designed to promote effective wellbeing strategies.
Advocacy and needs assessment: Identify and advocate for member segment needs in diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing when necessary.
Member awareness: Improve member knowledge and awareness of RANZCP services and options available to assist wellbeing needs.
Resource development: Develop resources and communications linked to project activities, including through social media and other channels.
Content creation: Write articles and other content aimed at members, including contributions for newsletters, journals, and the RANZCP website.
Evaluation and reporting: Undertake evaluation data gathering, analysis, and report writing, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in a related field, or experience in coordinating programs and services relating to health, wellbeing, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of the Australian medical workforce and context.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments and with external partners.
What can we offer?
- Monthly RDO
- Excellent work–life balance
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Convenient CBD head office location
- Training and development opportunities.
How to apply
Please submit your application through the Expr3ss link, including a resume and a cover letter that addresses your qualifications and relevant experience, as well as your individual capabilities for the position. For more information, please refer to the position description (PD).
Applications close on Monday, 30 October.
RANZCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.